A professional trader is member of a trading profession, and earns their living from trading profits.
The professional trader has standards of trading education and training that prepare new trading graduate with the particular knowledge and skills necessary to perform trading activities. All professionals are subject to strict codes of conduct, enshrining rigorous ethical and moral obligations. Professional trading standards of practice and ethics for a trading are typically agreed upon and maintained through widely recognized professional trading associations.
Are you a professional trader? Do not answer yet, but take this quiz:
(1) As a trader are you formally certified by a professional body of belonging to trading by virtue of having completed a required course of studies and practice?
(2) As a trader have you achieved an acclaimed level of proficiency in Trading (e.g. Forex Trading?
(3) As a professional trader are you following these ?
a. Code of conduct
b. Set of rules to conduct his/her trading business.
d. Abides by the direction of governing bodies (Tax, Reporting and filings)
(4) Do you, as a professional traders continuously update your knowledge and skills?
(5) Do you have records to ascertain your competence, that can be measured against an established set of profitability standards in trading?